We support five local integrated service user and carer issues groups across Lanarkshire, ask for details of your nearest group.
The meetings are facilitated by Lanarkshire Links and we will provide you with practical support to become involved at a level that suits you best.
Our issues group members volunteer in activities that support their recovery and engage them in their communities. Many members volunteer to take out mental health & wellbeing stands into community venues to engage with the public.
Our local issues groups are open to service users and carers and are facilitated by a Lanarkshire Links staff member.
The groups offer:
- Peer support with everyone supporting each other to participate.
- Opportunities for involvement with the statutory and voluntary sector service providers to influence future service provision.
- Engagement with the Locality Planning Group in your area.
- Help to break down barriers by raising mental health problems and carers issues.
- Training and confidence building.
The members also organise social events and support.