Community Tools and Resources
We know that coming together with people in this stigma free movement for change to share our experiences can have a huge impact. Small actions can mean big change. Collective we help make Lanarkshire a mentally healthy place to live, work, study and to just be you.
There are lots of things that you can do such as:
- Create safe spaces to disclose or be disclosed to
- Raise awareness of the impact of stigma
- Challenge stigmatising behaviour
- Champion the key messages
- Become a champion or volunteer
- Encourage others to use their voices
- Hold an event, small or large and invite people along
Here are some tools and resources to help you to take action.
Stigma Free Lanarkshire have put together 5 simple tips for how to have a caring conversation with somebody that has reached out to you. These tips are intended to be used as a guide for conversations.
Stigma Free Lanarkshire have created this poster to offer children and young people some NHS approved sources of further support. This poster is handy to have at the ready when having a conversation with a child or young person.
Help with mental-health problems ranging from mild stresses right through to complex and long-standing difficulties.